Our Garden

The garden is looking good! I mowed the lawn over the weekend, having organized a lawn-mower to borrow (we swapped it for our hedge trimmer for a couple of days). We also dug up the beds next to the patio, straightening the edge of the lawn and removing most (but not all) of the plants.

One of the plants, an old flower bush of some sort, I think, spilled out over the lawn, so after removing it I had to do a little lawn surgery again, moving turf around. It's more obvious now, but you can barely see the join in the photos I posted yesterday...

Our apple tree is amazing! It is a 'Pixie', according to a tag, and apparently is completely organic! It's really starting to bud now. I'll post another photo soon.

We're attempting to grow various herbs and vegetables from seed for the first time this year. We have leeks, courgettes, broccoli, tomatoes, dwarf beans, radishes, rocket, lavender, basil, thyme and coriander. We're not expecting all of them to take, but if they do we should easily fill up our vegetable plots!

I know someone who works for an organisation which promotes natural diversity. I forget it's name. He has recommended that I plant some indigenous wild plants, and has given me a link to an online wild seed catalogue. I haven't taken a proper look at it yet, but I may well set aside a corner of the garden for 'wild' plants. We'll see!

Comments

Popular Posts