garden update

It has been a pretty hot summer, and although we've had some rain, it seems to come mostly in torrential downpours, which has not been great for the veg. Tomato plants do not seem to enjoy thunderstorms! There are now quite a few courgettes which will be ready soon, slugs permitting, and we do still have cherry tomatoes ripening all the time, which I've been enjoying with bread and cheese for my lunches for the past few weeks. Every now and then, Clementine makes a salad with them, but I almost prefer eating them without any sauce and not mixed with anything. The larger ferline tomatoes are slowly ripening, and hopefully will survive the weather. We've eaten one ferline so far, which was delicious, and I've picked a couple more which are looking very tempting!

I finally got round to mowing the lawn again last weekend, which it had been needing for a couple of months. My lawn surgery seems to have been successful - I can now mow over that bit of lawn without worrying about cutting into the ground with the lawn mower.

Comments

Popular Posts